East Midlands Airport is the UK’s busiest pure cargo airport and second only to Heathrow, handling over 310,000 tonnes of flown cargo every year. We are the UK hub for DHL and UPS, and support operations for TNT and Royal Mail.
With ample room to grow, our thriving cargo facility is expanding to meet the demands of importers and exporters from across the UK. Accommodating a variety of freight and passenger aircraft, East Midlands supports cargo logistics round the clock, with the following benefits:
- Intercontinental 2893m / 9492ft runway
- 24 hour operations with no slot restrictions
- Excellent good weather record
- Central UK location adjacent to the UK motorway network with over 89% of England and Wales within a 4 hour truck drive-time.
- Frequent scheduled air cargo truck services to all major UK airports
- Broad on-site cargo community
- Five airside cargo terminals offering over 650,000 sq.ft of undercover cargo processing area
- Over 2 million sq.ft of dedicated cargo apron/ramp space with simultaneous handling capability for 6 x B747Fs
- Interline non-stop cargo connections to major cities throughout Europe, North America and the Middle East
- Experienced in the handling of the world’s cargo aircraft, including the AN-225 Mriya.
- A380F and B747-8F approved
- Specialists in the handling of “outsize” cargo
- EU listed Border Inspection Post for animal products
- Revolutionary pricing structure to benefit cargo aircraft operators
- “Freighter Friendly” airport management
For more information about world-class global logistics at East Midlands Airport, please contact:
Contact: Bill Blanchard
Tel: + 44 (0)1332 852 894