Terminal Upgrade Project
Our vision is to make the East Midlands Airport a better experience for passengers, providing an intuitive and easy journey which will establish East Midlands Airport as the region’s airport of choice.
What are we doing?
- Improving security facilities with
a dedicated queuing area and
the latest leading technology
- Opening a new and exciting
consolidated food and beverage
offer, over two floors
- Enhancing our departure lounge
with a collection of specialist retail
outlets and a central dwell area
- Developing premium lounge
facilities – fresh, modern and
The redevelopment of the Airport is now well underway and we have already opened two new exciting food and beverage outlets, family favourite Italian restaurant and bar Frankie & Benny’s and coffee and snack bar, Pork & Pickle.
When will things change?
- Security area - operational winter 2013/14
- First floor catering units - opens winter 2014
- New lounge - opens spring 2014
- World duty free - opens summer 2014
- Development complete - opens winter 2014/15
We are delighted to announce there are a further five outlets due to open in phases throughout the development.
Castle Rock Taproom and Kitchen open in early 2014, with a wide selection of beverages and mouth-watering dishes made from the finest ingredients, family favourite Burger King, coffee shop Leon and GrabandFly for takeaway snacks and beverages.