Escape Lounge Terms
East Midlands Airport plc
Terms and Conditions For Passenger use of Escape Lounge
The objective of these terms and conditions
It is important for you and us to understand clearly, when you make a booking with us, who is responsible for what. This document sets out which responsibilities lie where.
The Contract is between us and you, not any other person or organisation that may book any of the Escape Lounge Facilities, or food and drink on your behalf. You accept responsibility for paying the Entry Price, including Upgrade charges, arising under this Contract.
“Airport” means East Midlands Airport;
“Contract” means the agreement between East Midlands Airport plc and the Guest or corporate body for a specific booking or series of bookings of the Lounge and Facilities. These Terms and Conditions will form the Contract;
“Entry Price” means the charges made by East Midlands Airport plc to passengers for use of the Lounge as Guests (such charges to be as stated at the time of booking);
“Escape Lounge” (“Lounge”) means the bespoke waiting area within the Terminal airside at the Airport, containing seating, refreshment and IT facilities;
“Facilities” means the following (including but not limited to) a range of alcoholic and soft drinks, tea and coffee, a choice of hot and cold food, a range of magazines and newspapers and a range of IT and communication services and whether or not including an Upgrade;
“Guest(s)” and ‘you’ and ‘your’ means a passenger or passengers in possession of a valid Lounge Pass or Passes, to use the Facilities booked within the Lounge;
“Upgrade” means the wider selection of food and beverage items made available to those Guests who pay an additional charge (in addition to the Entry Price), such additional charges to be as stated at the time of booking;
2. Booking and confirmation
Entry by a Guest (max of 6 adults and 3 children) or Guests to the Lounge may be booked in the following ways:-
- in advance on-line using the on-line booking form and paying by debit or credit card; or
- at the Lounge door by debit/credit card or cash; or
- by telephone, using a debit/credit card; or
- by invitation
- with a pass issued by an agency recognised by East Midlands Airport plc;
We calculate our charges on the basis of the type of Facilities and Upgrades requested by you.
We will confirm your booking on the basis of these terms, completion of a booking form and upon full payment. Upon acceptance of payment by East Midlands Airport plc, confirmation will be issued for each booking.
The booking form will clearly state the Facilities booked, including the numbers that you have booked and will include a clear statement of any other arrangements that have been agreed between you and us.
3. Reductions and Other Amendments by You
Where the Facilities have been booked in advance of the date of travel, any amendments to numbers and/or Facilities booked must be notified to us by you, as soon as possible prior to the date of travel.
Reduction in the numbers of the booking shall be subject to our Cancellation Policy below.
Should you make changes to the Facilities booked or the numbers, we reserve the right to make amendments to the applicable rates and/or Facilities offered by us.
Any Facilities supplied at the request of you, the Guest, in addition to those included in the original booking price shall be paid for at the time of booking (whether in advance of the booking or at the time of attendance at the Lounge).
The Facilities are available for the time shown on your confirmation. This entitles you to a single visit of up to 3 hours, from the booked time of arrival at the lounge.
Whilst we will endeavour to do so, we cannot guarantee that groups will always be able to sit together due to capacities within the lounge. If a flight is delayed by more than 30 minutes and you wish to remain in the Lounge, you will be required to pay an additional Entry Price. If there is insufficient capacity for us to offer this option we will have the authority to request you leave the Lounge.
To ensure that we provide the highest levels of service, we reserve the right to refuse entry to any person, at any time, for any reason deemed appropriate by us, including (but not exclusively): capacity limitations, intoxication or any conduct that we consider would offend or disturb other Guests.
5. Charges and Payment
All Entry Prices and Upgrades are subject to VAT at the current rate unless your organisation is exempt.
Children are classed as being 0-12 years old. Persons 13 years old and above will be charged the current adult rate. There is a maximum number of 3 children per booking.
Guests under the age of 18 are not permitted to consume alcohol whilst in the lounge.
7. General and Dress code
Our acceptance of a booking is made solely with you and the booking may not be transferred to an agent or third party without our written agreement.
You or your party must not bring food or drinks into the Lounge for consumption within the Lounge, nor remove any food or drink provided by the lounge.
Each Guest agrees as follows:-
- to use the Facilities only for the purpose stated herein;
- Guests are jointly and severally responsible for all the obligations contained in this Contract;
- no animals or pets of any kind, except guide dogs, are allowed in our facilities;
- to reimburse us the costs of repairing any damage to our Lounge caused by you or any of your Guests. East Midlands Airport plc reserves the right to levy additional charges on you, the Guest, in the event that the conduct of you or any Guests in your party gives rise to the Lounge (or any part thereof including but not limited to toilets, cloakrooms, common areas) suffering damage and/or mis-treatment and/or abuse which requires East Midlands Airport plc to incur additional expense in order to remedy or rectify the same e.g. the costs associated cleaning up of vomit;
- to be responsible for their own behaviour. Any Guest whose behaviour falls below a reasonable standard will be removed from the Lounge;
- to comply with any specific requests relating to Airport safety and security;
- Smart casual or business attire is required and we reserve the right to refuse admission to any guest/person dressed in a way that might be deemed inappropriate. Baseball caps, shorts above the knee and football shirts are not permitted, or any other item of clothing likely to cause offence to other Guests. Gentlemen's shoulders must be covered at all times;
- to comply with all reasonable directions instructions or orders given or issued by the Airport, whether verbally or in writing.
This Contract represents the entire understanding of the parties and supersedes all previous statements whether written or oral.
In no circumstances will we accept any responsibility for the loss or damage to any property belonging to you or any other Guest attending the Lounge with you.
We retain the right to limit alcohol consumption to ensure no Guest becomes intoxicated prior to flying.
While we may display flight information we have no responsibility to inform you of flight information or changes to flights, and we are not responsible for you or any other Guest attending the Lounge with you, missing a flight or flights.
East Midlands Airport plc shall use its reasonable endeavours to provide the Lounge Facilities during the hours advertised, but reserves the right to vary the hours of operation or close the Lounge for refurbishment, relocation etc in which case an alternative lounge will be provided or Entry Prices refunded.
East Midlands Airport plc shall use reasonable endeavours to ensure a suitable environment is maintained in the Lounge including keeping the Lounge clean and tidy and ensuring Lounge staff are available.
East Midlands Airport plc accepts no liability for indirect, special or consequential loss incurred by any Guest except for loss arising from death or personal injury caused by East Midlands Airport plc’s negligence.
This Contract shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
8. Force Majeure
If, by reason of operational requirements by us or any order imposed on us by the Department for Transport or any Force Majeure event or occurrence, including but not limited to fire, tempest, explosion of any kind, failure or neglect on the part of any utility supplying electricity, gas or water, labour strife, civil commotion, war, fire or explosion or any other event beyond the control of us, we are or anticipate that we will be prevented or hindered from fulfilling the substance of its obligations under this Contract, then we shall forthwith ensure that you are aware of the occurrence of any such event and we shall be entitled at any time thereafter, so long as such cause still subsists, to cancel this Contract by notice in writing to you.
In the event of cancellation pursuant to the above paragraph:
- We shall be under no liability to you for any loss which they may sustain in consequence of any such cancellation;
- You shall in the event of cancellation be under no liability to us in respect of its future obligations hereunder (but without prejudice to any rights of either party one against the other in respect of any claim accrued hereunder down to the date of commencement of such cancellation).
Notwithstanding this clause 8, we also have the right to cancel reservations in the circumstances specified in clause 10 and any such circumstances shall be regarded as being matters outside the control of us for the purpose of clause 8.
9. Cancellation by You
In the unfortunate circumstances that you have to cancel or postpone your confirmed booking at any time prior to the date of travel, our Cancellation Policy is detailed below and based on the period of time between the cancellation and the date of travel.
- Any cancellation, postponement or partial cancellation should be advised to 0871 200 4450.
Call 0330 333 03 04 for our Customer Service and Feedback Teams
- More than 2 days full refund with £5 cancellation fee per Guest.
- Less than 2 days no refund.
- No show no refund.
- Booking amendments for same number of people (i.e. flight or date change) with more than 2 days notice will be subject to a £2.50 amendment fee per Guest.
- Group booking of 6+ people - £5 cancellation fee per Guest with more than 7 days notice. Less than 7 days notice of cancellation of a group booking - no refund.
- If the amended charges are lower than those originally booked the adjustment will be in favour of the Guest and the Guest will be refunded accordingly.
10. Amendments or Cancellation by Us
Should we, for reasons beyond our control, need to make any amendments to your booking, we reserve the right to offer alternative dates and/or Facilities.
Our acceptance of your booking is on the understanding that circumstances beyond our control may prevent us from meeting our obligations at the relevant time in which case we will not be liable for any loss suffered by you or any third party.
We may cancel the booking:-
(a) On immediate written notice to you in the event that any monies due and payable under this Contract (whether demanded or not) have not been paid to us in accordance with the payment details;
(b) If the booking might, in our opinion, prejudice our reputation;
11. Data Protection
Please see the East Midlands Airport plc website for the terms of our Privacy statement.
Personal information provided to East Midlands Airport plc via the www.eastmidlandsairport.co.uk website will be used for the purpose of Escape Lounge offers, a loyalty scheme for our own products and services and in partnership with other companies and confirmation of your booking. In addition, it may be used for research and statistical analysis.