Who should attend?
Any operational Fire-fighter / Officer who wishes to under pin their knowledge of a flashover situation
Be medically fit in accordance with the requirements from CAP 168 chapter 8 or company medical policy
Be qualified / competent as a Breathing Apparatus Wearer
To give fire fighters an introduction to fire behaviour, its development and burning characteristics. Students will also understand how to recognise and assess the risks of compartment fires.
- Understand the terms combustion, pyrolysis, hot gases and limits of flammability
- Understand the implication and hazards of these, in relation to compartment fire fighting
- Identify the signs of a flashover
- Identify the signs of a back draught
- Recognise the development of a compartment fire and the effect construction has on that fire
- Understand the limitations of fire ground PPE
- Carry out correct door entry procedures
For clients who need to stay local hotel accommodation can be arranged
4* hotel with dinner bed & breakfast + free Wi-Fi included
Course Duration 3 days