Who should attend?
This course is aimed at all staff in all workplaces to assist them in identifying and reducing and potential fire risks.
Fire Safety Awareness Training will provide delegates with the necessary knowledge and understanding of fire safety legislation and fire and evacuation procedures relevant to their workplace, within the requirements of the Fire (Scotland) Act 2005 and Fire Safety (Scotland) Regulations 2006.
To ensure that all course delegates understand the Fire Safety Legislation and precautions relevant to their workplace and the correct procedures to follow when reacting to an activation of the fire alarm system.
Course Content and Objectives:
- Knowledge of current fire safety legislation
- Break Glass Alarms (BGA’s)
- Smoke / Heat Detectors
- Sprinkler Systems
- Fire Alarm System installed in your workplace
- Actions to take on discovering a fire
- Emergency telephone numbers
- Use of fire extinguishers
- Extinguishers available to you
- Practical fire scenarios
- Chemistry of fire
- Emergency signage
- Evacuation Procedures
- Good House Keeping / Fire Prevention
- Knowledge of Assembly Points
- Appreciation of the importance of Fire Doors and the need to close all doors in the event of a fire and on hearing the fire alarm
Course duration 2 hours