Who should attend?
This programme is designed for personnel who are may be involved with the dealing of incidents involving Internal fire fighting in both buildings and aircraft.
PRE ATTENDANCE REQUIREMENTS:
Personnel nominated to attend this course shall:
Be medically fit in accordance with the requirements from CAP 168 chapter 8 or company policy
- Have an understanding of the incident command system
- Must be competent in fire fighting operations and have an understanding of fire behaviour
On completion of the course delegates will have a better understanding of the specific tactics and techniques required at an incident involving internal fires in domestic buildings or aircraft which may requiring the use of tactical ventilation and the use of PPV fans.
At the end of this programme candidates will have had the opportunity to discuss how to:
- Have an awareness of the three stage’s of PPV operation
- Have a full understanding of tactical ventilation
- Manage the safety of personnel when considering tactical ventilation at an incident
- Identify the potential clues that indicate the presence of a flash over & back draft
- Identify the advantages and disadvantages of PPV
- Be able to identify and implement control measures when using PPV
On successful completion of the programme, the individual will be issued with a certificate of attendance and operate PPV under post fire (Stage 1).
For clients who need to stay local hotel accommodation can be arranged
4* hotel with dinner bed & breakfast + free Wi-Fi included
Course Duration 5 days