Skip to main content
Here’s East Midlands Airport in a nutshell:
- Approximately 4 million passengers use East Midlands Airport every year
- The airport serves over 80 leisure and business destinations
- East Midlands Airport now flies to the long-haul destinations of Cancun and Orlando
- East Midlands Airport supports over 6,000 jobs
- We are the UK’s number one airport for pure freight, managing 300,000 tonnes a year.
- At 2,893 metres, our runway is the sixth longest civilian runway in the UK
- The Air Traffic Control Tower was constructed using 750 tonnes of concrete, stands at 52.3 metres high, cost £3.5 million to build and has 248 steps
- Our airport fire engines are around three times the size of standard fire engines. The largest appliance can carry 350 gallons of foam and 3,000 gallons of water.