Benefits of joining the Bike User Group (BUG)
- It's free to join
- Enjoy 10% discount at Threadgolds Cycles in Wythenhawe
- Enjoy 10% discount on parts and bikes at Rick Green Cycles (Handforth)
- Opportunity to become affiliate member of the CTC (the UK Cycling Organisation)
- Become part of a group at the airport and make new friends
- Make the changes you want for cyclists at the airport
Name: Alan Adlington
‘I regularly cycle from Manchester City Centre to the Airport and back Mondays to Fridays regardless of the weather. My main reason for cycling is commuting. I regard myself as a competent cyclist however I have had the opportunity to take part in the carbon cycle training scheme at the Airport I now feel much more confident. Since cycling to work my fitness and stamina have increased noticeably, I find cycling has therapeutic qualities and is a good way of dealing with the stresses and strains of day to day working life.'
Name: Mark Holdsworth
Company: Manchester Airport
‘I have travelled to the Airport from various parts of the Northwest region using all forms of transport to get here, trains, buses, mopeds, motor bikes and cars, but what gives me great satisfaction in getting to the Airport is by cycling into work. With the Airport now providing more facilities such as showers and lockers and secure parking areas, there is no excuse for not trying to cycle to work.
I prefer to cycle as I arrive fit and healthy and there’s nothing better to clear your head than a cycle ride home after a long day.'