- Be safe and be seen. Wear reflective clothing at night and fluorescent clothing during the day.
- At night make sure your rear and front lights are lit and your red reflector can be seen
- Invest in a good quality lock and use it whenever you park your bike
- Keep your bike in good working order including brakes, tyres and steering
- Look all around you before you move off, when changing direction look behind and if it's safe to go, signal clearly
- Be extra careful when leaving cycle routes, most accidents happen when rejoining traffic.
- Free maintenance courses available
- Beginners & intermediate cycle maintenance course
- Free cycle maintenance courses took place in April 2011 at the Airport Learn Centre and were hugely successful. If you would like to take part in a future course, please get in touch.