Car Park Booking Terms and Conditions
The terms and conditions set out below apply to bookings made for Meet & Greet parking on this website. Please read through these carefully.
1. This website is owned by East Midlands International Airport Limited, of Castle Donington, Derby, DE74 2SA registered Company Number 2078271 and who are also the supplier.
2. Bookings can be made by persons aged 18 years or over.
3. You are entering into a contract with East Midlands International Airport Limited for car parking at East Midlands International Airport, UK for the period confirmed in the online booking process comprising a series of calendar days or part thereof for the dates set out in your booking confirmation. The date of the contract is the date and time of confirmation of the booking as stated on the booking confirmation page and contained in the Booking Confirmation Email sent to the address entered and confirmed by you during the online booking process on the East Midlands International Airport website.
4. The minimum length of stay is 2 days.
5. Bookings must be made at least 24 hours prior to the car park arrival date and time. All car park bookings are subject to availability and East Midlands International Airport reserves the right to withdraw availability at its entire discretion for a given car park on a given date.
6. The price you pay is the price accepted and confirmed by you during the online booking process. All prices are in pounds sterling and include Value Added Tax and all applicable taxes. The price you pay is fixed for the stay duration between the Car Park Arrival and Car Park Departure dates and times that you have booked. The booking is valid for a single park entry and exit during the dates you have booked.
7. You must not resell or transfer any booking (in whole or in part).
8. Your booking is only valid for your designated car park. Any additional charges incurred as a result of non-compliance with entry/exit instructions or use of a different car park will not be refunded.
9. Payment must be made in advance and online. Payment may be made using one of the following payment cards; Visa, MasterCard, Delta, Solo, Switch, American Express, Electron. We reserve the right not to fulfil your booking if your card is declined for any reason or if the payment card has been used fraudulently or without the cardholder's permission or if you are under the age of 18. It will be necessary for your personal data to be disclosed to the relevant card issuer for the purpose of processing and confirming your payment. Your data will not be disclosed to third parties other than the financial institution for the chosen payment method.
10. When you have completed your booking having entered the start and end dates for which car parking is required, we will send you a written confirmation of your booking by email to the address entered by you. You are responsible for supplying a valid email address. East Midlands International Airport cannot be held responsible for non-delivery due to transmission failure.
11. If you fail to collect your vehicle on the booked return date and time you will be responsible for all additional fees and charges which will be levied at the standard long stay gate tariff in place at that time. We will charge all additional charges to your payment card.
12. You can cancel the contract by giving not less than 24 hours notice prior to the car park arrival date and time by visiting www.eastmidlandsairport.com and following the online instructions. You will receive written confirmation of the cancellation to the e-mail address stipulated. No cancellations or refunds are permitted after this time. In the event of any problems, you may alternatively cancel by phoning 0871 310 3300*.
*Calls are charged at 10 pence per minute from a BT landline. Calls from mobiles and other networks may vary.
13 You must enter/exit the car park following the instructions provided to you in your booking confirmation.
14. East Midlands International Airport and its servants and agents reserve the right to refuse admittance to the car park.
15. All vehicles are parked subject to the parking terms and conditions displayed in the relevant car park and set out below save where inconsistent with these terms or the terms stated in your booking confirmation.
16. East Midlands International Airport reserve the right if prevented from supplying the car parking for any reason to cancel the contract or provide a suitable alternative parking location at no extra charge. East Midlands International Airport will attempt to provide as much notice as is possible. Where this is not possible or alternative parking is not required East Midlands International Airport will cancel the contract and will refund the payment received in respect of the booking to the credit/debit card used for payment but will not be responsible for any other costs, which you may incur as a result.
17. East Midlands International Airport are only supplying you with car parking under the contract and will not be responsible for any costs, compensation costs or expenses relating to any flights or other services that you may have arranged. You are responsible for ensuring that you allow sufficient time for car parking, transfer to Terminals, airport procedures (including but not limited to checking –in and security) and any subsequent flight/travel arrangements.
18. Although East Midlands International Airport Limited attempts to provide our customers with a satisfactory service should you have any complaints please use our online feedback form.
19. East Midlands International Airport reserves the right, without notice, to amend the specification of the products or services presented on this site and to discontinue any product or service.
20. The laws of England and Wales govern the Contract between us and any dispute between us will be resolved exclusively in the courts of England and Wales.
Parking Terms & Conditions
This site is patrolled at regular intervals. Terms & Conditions of use apply, failure to adhere to these conditions will result in a parking contravention charge notice of £100 being charged.
All vehicles are parked at the owner’s risk.
You acknowledge that you enter into this contract with us on the basis of these Terms and Conditions not only on behalf of yourself, but also on behalf of any passengers in the vehicle and the legal owner of the vehicle. This means that we may enforce these Terms and Conditions against you or any passenger or the legal owner of the vehicle. Equally, you, any passenger and the legal owner of the vehicle can enforce these Terms and Conditions against us.
2. The Airport company's liability
You should be aware that it is impossible to exclude persons misbehaving from this Car Park and that we cannot therefore guarantee the security of your vehicle or its contents.
Accordingly the Airport Company it’s servants and agents will not accept liability in respect of any loss, destruction, theft of or from, removal of or damage to the vehicle.
3. Damage notification and complaints procedure
(a) If your vehicle sustains damage while in the Car Park or if you lose your vehicle or any of your possessions from your vehicle while it is in the Car Park, you should:
(i) immediately either inform a member of staff at the Car Park or contact the control room for the Car Park using the intercom system or otherwise notify us on 0871 9199000 and select the option to Comment about the operation of the Airport;
(ii) in the case of theft, immediately inform the police;
(iii) notify your insurers promptly.
(b) If you wish to register a complaint about the service that you have received please write to the Customer Relations Department at the Airport at the address given in 16 below or e-mail email@example.com
4. Securing your vehicle
(a) Unless requested by the Airport Company or one of its employees or agents not to do so please ensure that before you leave the Car Park:
(i) your vehicle is securely locked;
(ii) all the windows of your vehicle are securely closed;
(iii) if your vehicle is fitted with a steering lock or similar device that is engaged.
(b) Where CCTV cameras are installed in any of our Car Parks they are used to assist in the proper running of the Car Park. The CCTV cameras may also act as a deterrent to criminal activity. We are obliged by law to display signage in the Car Park advising that CCTV cameras are in operation. However, we do not make any representation as to the extent of coverage provided by the cameras and no guarantee is given as to the security of your vehicle in Car Parks where CCTV is installed.
(a) Wherever possible please take your possessions with you when you leave your vehicle
(b) If you do leave possessions in your vehicle, you do so at your own risk. Therefore, please do not leave them where they are visible, but instead place them in the boot or an equivalent out-of-sight storage area within your vehicle which should then be locked.
(c) You are reminded that motor insurance policies may not cover personal possessions in the vehicle. It may be possible to arrange separate insurance cover for such possessions and you are recommended to do so.
6. Safety in the car park
(a) Please drive carefully in the Car Park and obey the directional and other signs.
(b) Car parks can be dangerous. After you have parked your vehicle please proceed to the nearest exit. You must not under any circumstances exit the Car Park by walking under a vehicle exit barrier. Please keep a watchful eye on your children who should not be permitted to play in the Car Park.
(c) Vehicles must be parked in marked bays only.
(d) For safety reasons you are not entitled to remain in your vehicle in the Car Park or elsewhere in the Car Park except for the purposes of parking or removing your vehicle.
7. Courtesy to other customers
If you damage another customer’s vehicle you should report the matter to us giving the registration numbers of both vehicles. You must also notify the owner of the other vehicle by leaving a note on the windscreen of their vehicle providing your vehicle and contact details and any other details that are relevant to the incident.
(a) The ticket issued to you is only valid for the vehicle in respect of which it is issued. A ticket does not entitle you, unless otherwise specified, to any particular space in the Car Park or to priority over other customers. Upon entry to the Car Park, if you are unable to find a space for your vehicle then you should exit immediately to prevent any parking charges from arising.
(b) You should take your ticket with you to make it more difficult for someone else to remove your vehicle without your consent.
(c) We reserve the right to refuse to release any vehicle for which a valid and current ticket cannot be produced, until we have made reasonable enquiries. Failure to produce your ticket will therefore delay your departure.
(d) If you cannot produce your ticket on departure you may be charged at the full 24 hourly rate for each 24 hour period or part thereof that your vehicle has been in the Car Park. The duration of the vehicle’s stay within the Car Park will in such circumstances be finally determined by us.
9. Parking contraventions
(a) It is important to the effective management of the Car Park:
(i) that you do not park within a bay designated for a specific purpose when you are not entitled to do so (e.g. parking in a space for the disabled without an appropriate disability badge displayed);
(ii) that you park within a marked bay;
(iii) that you comply with all signs in the Car Park.
(b) If you do not comply with these requirements then we may charge you a Parking Contravention Charge of £100.00. This is because we will incur a loss as your actions will prevent the efficient management of the Car Park. The amount of the Parking Contravention Charge represents a genuine pre-estimate of the additional expense incurred by us as a result of your incorrect parking.
(c) If you incur a Parking Contravention Charge, a Notice will be given to you or attached to your vehicle. If payment is received within 14 days of the Parking Contravention Charge being issued, the amount of the charge will be reduced in accordance with the provisions of the Notice.
(d) Payment may be made by one of the methods detailed in the "Instructions for Payment" section of the Parking Contravention Charge Notice. Please quote your vehicle registration number and Parking Contravention Charge Notice number when making payment.
(e) Failure to pay the Parking Contravention Charge within 28 days of the Parking Contravention Charge Notice being issued will result in us being entitled to take legal action against you for breach of contract, and may result in court proceedings.
(f) We may request and obtain your (or the vehicle owner’s) personal details from the DVLA should you fail to make payment within 28 days. We will use your personal details only for the purpose of taking steps to recover payment of the Parking Contravention Charge.
(g) If you consider that we have wrongly issued a Parking Contravention Charge Notice you may appeal, by writing to the address detailed on the Parking Contravention Charge Notice itself. We will then consider your appeal and notify you of our decision. Please note that if your appeal is made within 28 days of the date of issue of the Notice, your payment period will be extended by the time taken to determine the appeal.
(h) The use of this Car Park may be regulated by traffic orders or byelaws under which a penalty may be payable for failing to comply with these terms and conditions or the requirements of the relevant order or byelaw.
(i) If the equipment in the Car Park is damaged by you, your vehicle or the passengers in the vehicle then, except where the damage arises from our negligence, we will seek to recover the cost of that repair and associated administration costs from you.
10. Moving and re-location of vehicles
(a) We reserve the right to refuse the admission of any vehicle to the Car Park for any reason whatsoever and may remove from the Car Park or move within the Car Park any vehicle by whatever method we consider reasonable.
(b) We reserve the right to move vehicles within the Car Park, by driving or otherwise, to such extent as is reasonably necessary for the purposes of safety to persons or property to avoid obstruction or for the more efficient arrangement of its parking facilities.
(c) We additionally reserve the right, where the Car Park has to be closed either permanently or temporarily in whole or in part or has to be evacuated in cases of emergency, to remove any vehicle at any time to any other reasonably convenient car park within the control of the Airport Company or otherwise as may be expedient.
(d) We reserve the right to clamp any vehicle that is parked in contravention of these Terms and Conditions or if we reasonably believe you intend to leave the Car Park without paying the accrued parking charges relating to your vehicle.
11. Liens and disposal of abandoned vehicles
(a) Every vehicle in the Car Park is subject to a lien for all charges due or accruing and due from the user to the Airport Company and the Airport Company reserves the right to refuse to release any vehicle until those charges have been paid.
(b) If you intend to leave your vehicle in the Car Park for more than 28 days we recommend that you notify us in writing of your intention to do so.
(c) We reserve the right to sell any vehicle which we reasonably believe to have been abandoned and shall be entitled to regard as abandoned any vehicle which has been in the Car Park for more than 28 days without prior notification.
(d) Before proceeding with the disposal of abandoned vehicles, we will:-
(i) make reasonable enquiries with a view to identifying and contacting the registered owner of the vehicle in question;
(ii) give 28 days notice of our intention so to do to the registered owner by pre-paid post addressed to the registered owner’s last known address.
(e) Abandoned vehicles will be sold by auction whenever practicable and the proceeds of sale will be applied in and towards satisfaction of all sums owing to the Airport Company by the user together with the expense of sale and in connection with such sale the Airport Company shall be entitled to charge reasonable garage charges in respect of the period during which the vehicle is in the possession of the Airport Company.
(g) Any balance of these sales proceeds remaining after satisfaction of such sums shall be held by us on behalf of the registered owner of the vehicle and paid over on proof of entitlement.
The parking fees payable by you (as varied from time to time) shall be as displayed on the tariff board at the Car Park. You are obliged to pay the fee and to comply with any instructions on the tariff board.
13. Prohibited activities
(a) No vehicle shall be towed into the Car Park and no work on or cleaning of vehicles by users or their agents is permitted in the Car Park.
(b) No activity in connection with the selling, hiring or other disposal of vehicles shall be carried out in the Car Park.
14. Variation of the terms and conditions
No person has any authority to vary or alter these Terms and Conditions unless such variation is in writing under the hand of the Company Secretary or a Director of the Airport Company. A copy of these Terms and Conditions can be obtained upon written request from the Administration Department East Midlands International Airport Limited Administrative Headquarters East Midlands Airport Castle Donington Derby DE74 2SA
Each of these Terms and Conditions shall be construed separately, applying and surviving even if for any reason other provisions are held inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances.
(a) “the Airport Company” “us” “we” and “our” shall mean East Midlands International Airport Limited whose registered office is at Administrative Headquarters, East Midlands Airport, Castle Donington, Derby, DE74 2SA and any agents acting on our behalf in the management of our car parks or otherwise.
(b) "Vehicle" shall mean the vehicle which is received into the Car Park and shall include any mechanical device on wheels or tracks, its equipment and accessories.
Terms and Conditions relating specifically to the supply of Meet and Greet Services
Apcoa Parking (UK) Limited act on behalf of East Midlands International Airport Ltd (“the Airport”)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE VIP MEET AND GREET SERVICE
You have agreed with the Airport to park your car at East Midlands International Airport, for the period confirmed at the time you leave your Car with the Meet and Greet reception. The Airport has appointed Apcoa to operate the VIP Meet and Greet Service that you have purchased.
In these terms and conditions “you” and “your” means the Customer whose name and address appears on the front of this form; “your Car” means the motor vehicle that you leave and that is the subject of the Service; and the “Service” means the VIP Meet and Greet Service.
You have agreed with the Airport that:
1. Apcoa shall have custody of your Car until you collect it, whether at the end of the booked period or later by agreement. However, you should also note the provisions of clause 7 below.
2. If you have not already paid for the Service, you must pay Apcoa the total amount of the charges due. Apcoa will account to the Airport for these. The amount you pay should include any additional charges at the standard rates that the Airport is entitled to make, together with the costs reasonably incurred by the Airport or by Apcoa in connection with custody of your Car. The Airport shall have a general lien over your Car until these charges have been paid.
3. Apcoa shall take reasonable care of your Car whilst it is in its custody. Neither the Airport nor Apcoa shall be liable for:
i) damage to or loss of your Car or any part of it or any of its accessories or contents; and/or
ii) any damage to any other property, arising from or in connection with Apcoa’s or the Airport’s custody of your Car.
However, if it is proved that the damage or loss arises as a result of negligence, a criminal act or breach of statutory duty on the part of Apcoa, the Airport or its or their servants and agents, then, but only to the extent that this is shown, Apcoa or the Airport will be liable.
In addition, the Airport and Apcoa accept no responsibility or liability for any loss or damage, however caused, resulting from or in connection with the seizure of your Car by the police, HM Revenue & Customs or any person lawfully authorised to do so.
4. None of Apcoa’s employees, servants or agents have any authority to accept any valuables or articles for safe custody, other than the keys to your Car. Neither the Airport nor Apcoa will be liable for any loss of or damage to any such articles that you leave in the safe custody or safe keeping of Apcoa, its employees, servants or agents. You should leave your valuables in a secure place (such as a safe deposit box) prior to leaving your Car in Apcoa’s custody.
5. When you leave your Car at the Meet and Greet Reception, it will be inspected with you and you will be asked to confirm its condition. This will be recorded on a Meet and Greet Docket (‘Docket’). You must keep this Docket safe. Apcoa may deliver your Car to anyone producing this Docket. It may (but does not have to) also ask for such other evidence of ownership of or right in the Vehicle as Apcoa may consider necessary or relevant. The Airport may retain custody of your Car until it is satisfied of the right of the claimant to receive delivery of it and until all charges have been paid.
6. Apcoa may drive your Car whilst it is in their custody for the purposes of parking or otherwise keeping the vehicle and they may move your Car to such a place as it reasonably feels is necessary to allow the Airport to assert its rights or fulfill its obligations under this agreement.
7. You must collect your Car within 3 calendar months of the date of the agreement unless you have agreed otherwise with the Airport. The Airport may sell your Car if it is not collected within this 3 month period and will deduct from the sale proceeds such amounts as are owing to it under this agreement. However, no such sale shall take place until the Airport or Apcoa (on its behalf) has sent you a notice by recorded delivery stating its intention to sell your Car. The Airport may sell your Car if, after 28 days after sending you the notice, your Car has still not been collected.
8. You confirm that you are the owner of your Car or have the power to deal with the Car as if you are the owner. By entering this contract with the Airport you confirm that you are doing so on your own behalf and on behalf of and with all necessary consents from all others who have or may have any proprietary, possessory or other financial or material interest in your Car and/or its contents.
9. Someone who is not party to this contract will not have any rights under or in connection with it and the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 will not apply.
10. This is the whole agreement between you and the Airport in respect of the custody of your Car and none of Apcoa’s employees, servants or agents have any authority to vary or add to these terms.
11. Where you booked your VIP Meet and Greet parking in advance, you will also be bound by the terms and conditions of that booking service. If you have pre booked directly with the Airport or with any of its affiliated sites, the booking terms and conditions can be viewed at www.eastmidlandsairport.com. For all other booking services, please contact your booking agent for a copy of their booking terms and conditions.
You should also be aware of the Airport’s terms and conditions relating to the use of car parks, which are displayed within the designated Pre Book Meet and Greet area. These can also be viewed at www.eastmidlandsairport.com.
12. If you have any comments regarding the service provided then please contact Apcoa by calling 01332 812082