The terms and conditions set out below apply to car park bookings made on this website. Please read through these carefully.
1. This website is owned by East Midlands International Airport Limited, of Castle Donington, Derby, DE74 2SA registered Company Number 2078271 and who are also the supplier.
2. Bookings can be made by persons aged 18 years or over.
3. You are entering into a contract with East Midlands International Airport Limited for car parking at East Midlands Airport, UK for the period confirmed in the online booking process comprising a series of calendar days or part thereof for the dates set out in your booking confirmation. The date of the contract is the date and time of confirmation of the booking as stated on the booking confirmation page and contained in the Booking Confirmation Email sent to the address entered and confirmed by you during the online booking process on the East Midlands Airport website.
4. A minimum charge applies to all bookings.
5. Bookings must be made no later than 6 hours before arrival, with the exception of the VIP Meet & Greet and Car Service products which need to be booked at least 48 hours in advance. All car park bookings are subject to availability and East Midlands International Airport Limited reserves the right to withdraw availability at its entire discretion for a given car park on a given date.
6. The price you pay is the price accepted and confirmed by you during the online booking process. All prices are in pounds sterling and include Value Added Tax and all applicable taxes. The price you pay is fixed for the stay duration between the car park arrival and car park departure dates and times that you have booked. The booking is valid for a single park entry and exit during the dates you have booked.
7. You must not resell or transfer any booking (in whole or in part).
8. Your booking is only valid for your designated car park. Any additional charges incurred as a result of non-compliance with entry/exit instructions or use of a different car park will not be refunded.
9. Payment must be made in advance and online. Payment may be made using one of the following payment cards; Visa, MasterCard, Delta, Solo; Switch, American Express, Electron. We reserve the right not to fulfil your booking if your card is declined for any reason or if the payment card has been used fraudulently or without the cardholder's permission or if you are under the age of 18. It will be necessary for your personal data to be disclosed to the relevant card issuer for the purpose of processing and confirming your payment. Your data will not be disclosed to third parties other than the financial institution for the chosen payment method.
10. When you have completed your booking having entered the start and end dates for which car parking is required, we will send you a written confirmation of your booking by email to the address entered by you. You are responsible for supplying a valid email address. East Midlands International Airport Limited cannot be held responsible for non-delivery due to transmission failure.
11. If you fail to collect your vehicle on the booked return date and time you will be responsible for all additional fees and charges which will be levied at the prevailing tariff for the relevant car park.
12. Subject to Paragraph 13 below, you can cancel the contract no later than 6 hours prior to the car park arrival time, with the exception of the VIP Meet & Greet and Car Service products which can be cancelled no later than 48 hours prior to the car park arrival time by visiting www.eastmidlandsairport.com and following the online instructions. You will receive written confirmation of the cancellation to the e-mail address stipulated. No cancellations or refunds are permitted after this time. In the event of any problems, you may alternatively cancel by phoning 0871 310 3300*
*Calls are charged at 10 pence per minute from a BT landline. Calls from mobiles and other networks may vary.
13. Certain promotional products can not be cancelled or refunded. If a booking can not be cancelled this will be specified on the booking page of our website.
14. East Midlands International Airport Limited reserve the right if prevented from supplying the car parking for any reason to cancel the contract or provide a suitable alternative parking location at no extra charge. East Midlands International Airport Limited will attempt to provide as much notice as is possible. Where this is not possible or alternative parking is not required East Midlands International Airport Limited will cancel the contract and will refund the payment received in respect of the booking to the credit/debit card used for payment but will not be responsible for any other costs, which you may incur as a result.
15. East Midlands International Airport Limited are only supplying you with car parking under the contract and will not be responsible for any costs, compensation costs or expenses relating to any flights or other services that you may have arranged. You are responsible for ensuring that you allow sufficient time for car parking, transfer to terminal, airport procedures (including but not limited to checking –in and security) and any subsequent flight/travel arrangements.
16. Although East Midlands International Airport Limited attempts to provide our customers with a satisfactory service should you have any complaints please use our feedback form.
17. East Midlands International Airport Limited reserves the right, without notice, to amend the specification of the products or services presented on this site and to discontinue any product or service.
18. The laws of England and Wales govern the Contract between us and any dispute between us will be resolved exclusively in the courts of England and Wales.
19. All vehicles are parked subject to the Parking Terms and Conditions displayed in the relevant car park and set out below save where inconsistent with these terms or the terms stated in your booking confirmation.
This site is patrolled at regular intervals. Terms & Conditions of use apply, failure to adhere to these conditions will result in a parking contravention charge notice of £100 being charged.
All vehicles are parked at the owner risk.
You acknowledge that you enter into this contract with us on the basis of these Terms and Conditions not only on behalf of yourself, but also on behalf of any passengers in the vehicle and the legal owner of the vehicle. This means that we may enforce these Terms and Conditions against you or any passenger or the legal owner of the vehicle. Equally, you, any passenger and the legal owner of the vehicle can enforce these Terms and Conditions against us.
2. The Airport company's liability
You should be aware that it is impossible to exclude persons misbehaving from this Car Park and that we cannot therefore guarantee the security of your vehicle or its contents.
Accordingly the Airport Company it’s servants and agents will not accept liability in respect of any loss, destruction, theft of or from, removal of or damage to the vehicle.
3. Damage notification and complaints procedure
(a) If your vehicle sustains damage while in the Car Park or if you lose your vehicle or any of your possessions from your vehicle while it is in the Car Park, you should:
(i) immediately either inform a member of staff at the Car Park or contact the control room for the Car Park using the intercom system or otherwise notify us on 0871 9199000 and select the option to Comment about the operation of the Airport;
(ii) in the case of theft, immediately inform the police;
(iii) notify your insurers promptly.
(b) If you wish to register a complaint about the service that you have received please write to the Customer Relations Department at the Airport at the address given in 16 below or e-mail email@example.com
4. Securing your vehicle
(a) Unless requested by the Airport Company or one of its employees or agents not to do so please ensure that before you leave the Car Park:
(i) your vehicle is securely locked;
(ii) all the windows of your vehicle are securely closed;
(iii) if your vehicle is fitted with a steering lock or similar device that is engaged.
(b) Where CCTV cameras are installed in any of our Car Parks they are used to assist in the proper running of the Car Park. The CCTV cameras may also act as a deterrent to criminal activity. We are obliged by law to display signage in the Car Park advising that CCTV cameras are in operation. However, we do not make any representation as to the extent of coverage provided by the cameras and no guarantee is given as to the security of your vehicle in Car Parks where CCTV is installed.
(a) Wherever possible please take your possessions with you when you leave your vehicle
(b) If you do leave possessions in your vehicle, you do so at your own risk. Therefore, please do not leave them where they are visible, but instead place them in the boot or an equivalent out-of-sight storage area within your vehicle which should then be locked.
(c) You are reminded that motor insurance policies may not cover personal possessions in the vehicle. It may be possible to arrange separate insurance cover for such possessions and you are recommended to do so.
6. Safety in the car park
(a) Please drive carefully in the Car Park and obey the directional and other signs.
(b) Car parks can be dangerous. After you have parked your vehicle please proceed to the nearest exit. You must not under any circumstances exit the Car Park by walking under a vehicle exit barrier. Please keep a watchful eye on your children who should not be permitted to play in the Car Park.
(c) Vehicles must be parked in marked bays only.
(d) For safety reasons you are not entitled to remain in your vehicle in the Car Park or elsewhere in the Car Park except for the purposes of parking or removing your vehicle.
7. Courtesy to other customers
If you damage another customer’s vehicle you should report the matter to us giving the registration numbers of both vehicles. You must also notify the owner of the other vehicle by leaving a note on the windscreen of their vehicle providing your vehicle and contact details and any other details that are relevant to the incident.
(a) The ticket issued to you is only valid for the vehicle in respect of which it is issued. A ticket does not entitle you, unless otherwise specified, to any particular space in the Car Park or to priority over other customers. Upon entry to the Car Park, if you are unable to find a space for your vehicle then you should exit immediately to prevent any parking charges from arising.
(b) You should take your ticket with you to make it more difficult for someone else to remove your vehicle without your consent.
(c) We reserve the right to refuse to release any vehicle for which a valid and current ticket cannot be produced, until we have made reasonable enquiries. Failure to produce your ticket will therefore delay your departure.
(d) If you cannot produce your ticket on departure you may be charged at the full 24 hourly rate for each 24 hour period or part thereof that your vehicle has been in the Car Park. The duration of the vehicle’s stay within the Car Park will in such circumstances be finally determined by us.
9. Parking contraventions
(a) It is important to the effective management of the Car Park:
(i) that you do not park within a bay designated for a specific purpose when you are not entitled to do so (e.g. parking in a space for the disabled without an appropriate disability badge displayed);
(ii) that you park within a marked bay;
(iii) that you comply with all signs in the Car Park.
(b) If you do not comply with these requirements then we may charge you a Parking Contravention Charge of £100.00. This is because we will incur a loss as your actions will prevent the efficient management of the Car Park. The amount of the Parking Contravention Charge represents a genuine pre-estimate of the additional expense incurred by us as a result of your incorrect parking.
(c) If you incur a Parking Contravention Charge, a Notice will be given to you or attached to your vehicle. If payment is received within 14 days of the Parking Contravention Charge being issued, the amount of the charge will be reduced in accordance with the provisions of the Notice.
(d) Payment may be made by one of the methods detailed in the "Instructions for Payment" section of the Parking Contravention Charge Notice. Please quote your vehicle registration number and Parking Contravention Charge Notice number when making payment.
(e) Failure to pay the Parking Contravention Charge within 28 days of the Parking Contravention Charge Notice being issued will result in us being entitled to take legal action against you for breach of contract, and may result in court proceedings.
(f) We may request and obtain your (or the vehicle owner’s) personal details from the DVLA should you fail to make payment within 28 days. We will use your personal details only for the purpose of taking steps to recover payment of the Parking Contravention Charge.
(g) If you consider that we have wrongly issued a Parking Contravention Charge Notice you may appeal, by writing to the address detailed on the Parking Contravention Charge Notice itself. We will then consider your appeal and notify you of our decision. Please note that if your appeal is made within 28 days of the date of issue of the Notice, your payment period will be extended by the time taken to determine the appeal.
(h) The use of this Car Park may be regulated by traffic orders or byelaws under which a penalty may be payable for failing to comply with these terms and conditions or the requirements of the relevant order or byelaw.
(i) If the equipment in the Car Park is damaged by you, your vehicle or the passengers in the vehicle then, except where the damage arises from our negligence, we will seek to recover the cost of that repair and associated administration costs from you.
10. Moving and re-location of vehicles
(a) We reserve the right to refuse the admission of any vehicle to the Car Park for any reason whatsoever and may remove from the Car Park or move within the Car Park any vehicle by whatever method we consider reasonable.
(b) We reserve the right to move vehicles within the Car Park, by driving or otherwise, to such extent as is reasonably necessary for the purposes of safety to persons or property to avoid obstruction or for the more efficient arrangement of its parking facilities.
(c) We additionally reserve the right, where the Car Park has to be closed either permanently or temporarily in whole or in part or has to be evacuated in cases of emergency, to remove any vehicle at any time to any other reasonably convenient car park within the control of the Airport Company or otherwise as may be expedient.
(d) We reserve the right to clamp any vehicle that is parked in contravention of these Terms and Conditions or if we reasonably believe you intend to leave the Car Park without paying the accrued parking charges relating to your vehicle.
11. Liens and disposal of abandoned vehicles
(a) Every vehicle in the Car Park is subject to a lien for all charges due or accruing and due from the user to the Airport Company and the Airport Company reserves the right to refuse to release any vehicle until those charges have been paid.
(b) If you intend to leave your vehicle in the Car Park for more than 28 days we recommend that you notify us in writing of your intention to do so.
(c) We reserve the right to sell any vehicle which we reasonably believe to have been abandoned and shall be entitled to regard as abandoned any vehicle which has been in the Car Park for more than 28 days without prior notification.
(d) Before proceeding with the disposal of abandoned vehicles, we will:-
(i) make reasonable enquiries with a view to identifying and contacting the registered owner of the vehicle in question;
(ii) give 28 days notice of our intention so to do to the registered owner by pre-paid post addressed to the registered owner’s last known address.
(e) Abandoned vehicles will be sold by auction whenever practicable and the proceeds of sale will be applied in and towards satisfaction of all sums owing to the Airport Company by the user together with the expense of sale and in connection with such sale the Airport Company shall be entitled to charge reasonable garage charges in respect of the period during which the vehicle is in the possession of the Airport Company.
(g) Any balance of these sales proceeds remaining after satisfaction of such sums shall be held by us on behalf of the registered owner of the vehicle and paid over on proof of entitlement.
The parking fees payable by you (as varied from time to time) shall be as displayed on the tariff board at the Car Park. You are obliged to pay the fee and to comply with any instructions on the tariff board.
13. Prohibited activities
(a) No vehicle shall be towed into the Car Park and no work on or cleaning of vehicles by users or their agents is permitted in the Car Park.
(b) No activity in connection with the selling, hiring or other disposal of vehicles shall be carried out in the Car Park.
14. Variation of the terms and conditions
No person has any authority to vary or alter these Terms and Conditions unless such variation is in writing under the hand of the Company Secretary or a Director of the Airport Company. A copy of these Terms and Conditions can be obtained upon written request from the Administration Department East Midlands International Airport Limited Administrative Headquarters East Midlands Airport Castle Donington Derby DE74 2SA
Each of these Terms and Conditions shall be construed separately, applying and surviving even if for any reason other provisions are held inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances.
(a) “the Airport Company” “us” “we” and “our” shall mean East Midlands International Airport Limited whose registered office is at Administrative Headquarters, East Midlands Airport, Castle Donington, Derby, DE74 2SA and any agents acting on our behalf in the management of our car parks or otherwise.
(b) "vehicle" shall mean the vehicle which is received into the Car Park and shall include any mechanical device on wheels or tracks, its equipment and accessories.