East Midlands Airport acknowledges its duty to protect the environment. We aim to be a responsible steward of the environment and will seek to continually improve our environmental performance and to minimise the environmental impact of our operations.
In order to achieve this, we will:
- Develop and grow our business in a managed and sustainable manner.
- Seek to engage the combined skills and energy of all of its employees.
- Engage in a constructive and open dialogue with all stakeholders, including local communities.
- Develop an environmental management system that targets key areas and audits and monitors performance in a challenging and critical way.
- Comply with the requirements of environmental legislation at all times and prevent pollution wherever possible.
With respect to some of the key areas for attention, we will: